Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where and when would you wear the mask?
There are several good reasons, all are protective to the wearer:
- To protect from air pollution and smog which is responsible for 1 in 9 deaths worldwide according to the WHO. Microscopic air particulates and dust can cause lung irritation and chronic lung conditions
- To protect from disease toxins, such as fungus spores, bacteria & viruses carried in mist droplets particularly when moving around in crowded urban environments, when traveling
- To minimize breathing in pollen & allergen if you suffer seasonal allergies
2. What are the advantages of the Airinum mask compared to other types of masks?
- Airinum is designed for comfort and fit. Fit is the most important measure of a mask’s effectiveness. A better fit keeps the mask on and keeps you from touching your face.
- Airinum comes in 4 sizes, with adjustable ear loops, and an adjustable head strap, ergonomically designed to for all face shapes and sized to fit children and adults.
- Airinum has exhale one-way valves for improved airflow and clearance of moisture, without sacrificing the quality of intake, making the mask suitable for wearing when exercising.
- A memory foam over the nose minimizes air leakage and keeps glasses from fogging.
- The filters in the Airinum are KN95 certified, the gold standard for protective masks, and filters more than 95% of particles down to 0.3 um (1 micrometer = 1/1,000,000 meter) The key to protection is in the mask’s filter and the fit of the mask. The filter is easy to replace and lasts for about 100 hours.
- Airinum filters are a 5-layer patented system of 2 outer layers of breathable polypropylene, with an inside active carbon layer to reduce odors, and 2 electro-charged layers to filter micro pollutants, bacteria and allergen, for use up to 100 hours.
- Airinum is stylish, sleek and unmedical-looking mask skins in 3 colors, and treated with Polygiene® a Swedish anti-bacteria fabric treatment. Provides 50+ UPF and UV protection.
3. What is the difference between KN95 and N95?
KN95 is the Chinese certification standard, N95 the US standard.
The Federal Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control have both approved the use of KN95 masks in the cases of N95 shortages, but appearances aside, there are two major differences between the masks: First, the American-manufactured N95 masks can withstand a slightly stronger pressure as the person wearing it inhales and exhales, according to infectious diseases specialist Dr. Michael Rajni “Fit is of maximal importance,” Rajnik told the Herald, but said KN95s were “adequately equipped” for doctors and physicians if they are produced by legitimate medical manufacturers like 3M. KN95 is the Chinese standard, N95 the US. Also, the KN95 mask are designed to fit differently than the N95s.
4. What are the contents of the package?
- 1 Urban Air Mask Skin
- 2 Urban Air Filters
- 2 Urban Air valve covers
- 1 Urban Head Strap
- 1 Travel Pouch
5. Since sizing is so important, how do I know what size to order?
There are two ways, both are good. You are looking for a snug fit for best function, and appearance.
Size by Body Weight
|XS||- 30 kg|
|S||30 - 50 kg|
|M||50 - 75 kg|
|L||> 75 kg|
Eye-Chin Distance Measurement
- Use a ruler and measure the vertical distance between your lower eyelid and your chin
- It can be helpful to do this in front of a mirror or with the help of a friend. It's also helpful to use a book.
- Compare your measurement to the table below to find your recommended size.
|Size||Eye-Chin Distance (cm)|
|XS||Less than 8.5 cm|
|S||8.6 - 10.5 cm|
|M||10.6 - 11.7 cm|
|L||More than 11.8 cm|
Since the product is not returnable if the box is opened, please take the time to order the right size.
6. Is the Airinum mask washable?
The Airinum mask skin is coated with a Polygiene coating which can sustain repeated gentle washes (without the filter and the exhale covers). We recommend hand-washing in mild detergent and air drying.